nlnetlabs.nl :: Name Server Daemon (NSD) :: /
– – documented in doc/NSD-4-features. Change configuration without
restart, direct nameserver control with nsd-control, support a
higher number of zones. Higher performance (compared to NSD3).
– – nsdc is gone. Use kill -HUP for reload (also checks if zonefiles
have changed and rereads them), and kill -TERM for quit. Or use
nsd-control for detailed control.
– – cron job for nsdcpatch is gone. nsd-control write creates zonefiles.
– – nsd.db has a new format that compacts itself when it is changed,
thus nsdc patch is no longer necessary.
– – nsd.db is memory mapped, NSD needs (part of) that mmap in ram.
– – tcp-count can go above 1000; epoll/kqueue support with libevent.
– – nsd-control reconfig for updates with no restart (zones, keys, ..)
– – nsd-control-setup to create keys for nsd-control (enable nsd-control
with remote-control: yes in nsd.conf).
FEATURES (incremental from BETA5):
– – configure –disable-recvmmsg for compat with older Linux kernels,
by default it autodetects support in the kernel on the buildmachine.
– – Fix time at 2038, uint32s changed to time_t, support 64bit time_t.
– – Fix use of 32bit time, for 2038, thanks to Theo de Raadt for patch.
BUG FIXES (incremental from BETA5):
– – Bugfix#518 Incorrect RRL prefix length option names in nsd.conf
man page from Ville Mattila.
– – Fix that xfrd, and nsd-control, does not stop responding when reload
errors out. The pid is sent like it should by server_main.
– – Fix that EOF in quoted string error does not cause reload to exit.
– – Fixup errors from the stack code checker.
– – Removed use of random when arc4random is available. Thus, random
and srandom are then not linked with the executable.
– – Fix segfault with no logfile and chroot.
– – Fix IXFR handling, that was discovered in the RC1. More leniently
handle uppercase in RRSIG and NSEC rdata, during IXFRs. There is a
fix as well as more detailed error logging for this case.
– – Print slightly more human friendly TSIG errors and updated the
manual page for the -d option for nsd.
– – Fix (in rc3) where reconfig would not initialise zones that change
from primary to secondary (due to config changes); those zones
did not perform zone transfers right away, and they do now.